To have physical custody of a child means the parent that has been awarded such right will be the one providing a home for that child. Some states will give this right to both parents if they so desire. It is best if they live relatively close to each other in such cases. Many time one parent will be awarded Physical Custody and the other parent will have visitation rights only.

For more in depth information and to arrange a free consultation please contact our offices at 323-888-1850 or fill out the Contact Us form provided here.